Virgin Experience Days Foraging, Cookery and Lunch for Two with Totally Wild
- Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue
- Location: Multiple - please see below
- 6 hour foraging course
- Wild lunch cookery class
Head back to nature with this fantastic Foraging, Cookery and Lunch for Two with Totally Wild. You and a fellow adventurer will join a professional forager to learn basics of foraging and wild food, before cooking up your very own wild food lunch.
In this engaging 6 hour course you’ll learn the rules of general foraging and identify a range of wild ingredients including discovering what exciting foods lie amongst us. You’ll sample plenty of delicious tasters, from chutneys and jams to salt pickles and syrups.
After the walk you'll cook up a three-course lunch utilising wild and foraged ingredients. In the past creations have included Wild Risotto, Elderflower Cheesecake and Wild Eton Mess, before recapping on the session and everything you’ve learnt.
- Minimum age: 18
- You should be of reasonable health and level of fitness as some walking may be involved
- 6 hour foraging course for two at Totally Wild
- Cook a wild food lunch to enjoy
- Learn the ins and outs of foraging from a professional
- Sample delicious tasters
- Experience gift pack
Cheshire - Macclesfield
Cheshire - Northwich
Cornwall - Torpoint
Lake District - Grizedale
Cumbria - Keswick
Derbyshire - Buxton
Devon - Plymouth
Somerset - Wellington
East Sussex - Tunbridge Wells
London – Greenford and Hackney Marsh
Merseyside - Wirral
North Yorkshire - Otley
Northamptonshire - Kettering
Nottinghamshire - Newark
West Sussex - Horsham
Worcestershire - Worcester
What happens on the day?
On arrival you’ll have some brief introductions with the rest of the group before entering the mindset of a forager. Head out to discover the array of wild edibles that are all around us, whilst you learn the rules of general foraging and plenty of tips and information on how to identify what’s edible, as well as uses for plants, fungi and seaweeds.
During your walk you’ll identify a range of ingredients, before heading back and cooking a wild-inspired lunch as a group and tucking in.
The experience is avaible on selected dates March to November
What about the weather?
Totally Wild don't believe in bad weather, just bad clothing choices. Courses will be cancelled in wind speeds above 60mph, if your booking is cancelled an alternative date will be offered.
What should I wear?
Ultimately bring along anything you feel necessary for a day outdoors. We will be outside for the majority of the course during rain or shine. We do advise the following items:
- Suitable clothing for the predicted weather (an umbrella if it’s predicted rain)
- Sturdy footwear. Walking boots are highly recommended.
- A drink – some wild flavours may be strong and water is always advised for a days foraging
- Snacks should you feel the need for them during the foraging walk. Lunch is usually served around 15.00. There is a snack midway on the walk provided.
- A pad or paper should you wish to take notes
- A blanket or chair for the meal. We usually have a covered seating area at our venues, but sometimes these aren’t available and the ground or logs are the next best thing!
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
Once you have received your voucher, please visit https://www.
Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
If you have any queries regarding Virgin Experience Days, please contact our customer service team at the following email address; RetailQueries@
Full terms & conditions for Virgin Experience Days vouchers can be found here: www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/terms-and-conditions
|Virgin Experience Days