A refractor telescope is the traditional expectation of what a telescope looks like. It features a long tube with an objective lens located at the front and the eyepiece at the back. Focusing takes place at the rear of the telescope whilst the front objective lens refracts the light gathered to form a crisp and high contrast image in the eyepiece. Refractor lenses are a rugged design with a sealed tube, making this the perfect choice for those new to star gazing and younger users. Refractors excel at moon and planetary observations, however are also capable of viewing stars.
A computerised mount is perfect for the beginner or more intermediate user. The mount itself is of an Altazimuth (AZ) type, however there is a computer and motors built in. This gives the advantage that the telescope can move itself on the mount to point at an object in the sky and also track it through the evening. Generally, a computerised mount includes a wired hand controller for the user to interact with it.
All Celestron computerised mounts have thousands of objects pre-installed in the on board database and are capable of taking the user on an automated “Sky Tour”. This feature highlights all the best objects in the sky at that location, time and date and automatically moves the telescope for the user. Due to these capabilities, these types of mounts are generally known as “Go to” mounts. Generally, a computerised mount cannot be fully controlled manually without the use of the hand controller and motors, so the user needs to ensure that they have enough batteries to operate the system throughout the evening.
- High quality 60mm refractor lens telescope
- Built-on StarPointer finderscope to help alignment and accurately locating objects
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4000 celestial objects
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- 2 Year manufacturer's warranty
- Optical Coatings: Fully-coated
- Optical Design: Refractor
- Aperture: 60mm
- Focal Length: 700mm
- Focal Ratio: 12
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1: 25mm (0.98")
- Focal Length of Eyepeice 2: 9mm (0.35")
- Finderscope: Built-on StarPointer
- Star Diagonal: 1.25 erect image
- Light Gathering Power: (compared to human eye) 73x
- Slew Speeds: 9 Slew Speeds
- Mount Type: Motorised Altazimuth
- Computer Hand Control: Fully computerised/Flash upgradable
|Dimensions||H 145 x W 87.6 x D 104.1 cm|