Please note - you must purchase the Yale Alarm Kit from either www.costco.co.uk or from any Costco UK Warehouse to be eligible to utilise this installation service. The Total Support Group (TSG) is an approved Yale installer.
- The Total Support Group takes all the hassle out of setting up your Yale Wi-Fi Alarm kit (including up to 14 elements) - they offer a high quality technical installation service which includes device (Sensor) positioning, mounting and assessment of installed system.
The installation will be carried out as follows:
1. TSG will contact you within 3 days of your order to arrange a time for your installation to take place (this will be after you have received your Yale Wi-Fi Alarm kit).
2. TSG will discuss with you the specific type of Alarm kit you have purchased to ascertain the installation requirements, including type of positioning of the various devices (Sensors/ Sounders etc).
3. A TSG engineer will attend site (Residential) to install your Yale Wi-Fi Alarm system, using a ladder for safe working access to wall mounting positions below gutter level up to 2 storeys’ in height. (Please note that final device (sensors/ sounders etc) positions will be governed by site access and the effective Wi-Fi Coverage. (Please note that you must ensure that adequate power sockets are made available as required).
4. Where appropriate, all wall entry holes will be properly sealed against the elements using silicon sealant and appropriate internal/external weather covers as required.
5. A final assessment of Alarm system will be carried out to confirm that the system is fully operational before a brief demonstration is provided.
- Wireless Alarms and other Wi-Fi devices: Wi-Fi coverage is normally determined by the effective range of the Wireless device being installed and the physical properties of the local environment – Example: Wall thickness/ building materials and the position of the Wi-Fi equipment (Router/ Devices)
- Battery powered devices may/ will necessitate the need for a battery replacement at some point in the operational life of the device – The supply and replacement of any required batteries is the responsibility of the Customer (End User)
- The described service is based upon the premise that access is available to the residential site at the agreed visit time (normal working hours), local planning permits and licenses have been obtained by the Customer/ Client and that all calls can be completed in a single visit to site using a standard vehicle. (Safe vehicular access by tarmac road)
Non Standard Installation Considerations:
In some cases it will be necessary to install additional materials or provide extra resources (manpower) to facilitate the Alarm system installation in a safe manner. These additional costs will of course be agreed with the Customer before the installation starts and charged to the Customer at the point of installation where required.
- Cable Containment (Trunking/ Ducting/ Conduit)
- Additional Alarm elements (Not pre-supplied)
- Hoists, Lifts, Platforms and Cranes etc
- Extra Labour requirements to overcome technical, lifting or safety issues.
- Out of Hours Working - Evening work/ Night Work etc (Primarily Commercial works)
- 4 x 4 Vehicular Access requirements (Remote rural sites)
- Specialised equipment – Larger brackets, battens, base boards etc
- Road closure – permits etc - To facilitate safe site access