The Windsor cello can produce a wide variety of differing tones and means of expression, ranging from calm and solemn on the lower strings, to bright and singing on the upper strings.
Well constructed, it produces a beautiful deep rich tone usually only found in more expensive instruments.
The Windsor Cello is ideal for any cellist from beginner level up to intermediate making it the ideal choice for students. A solid instrument that should last for many years.
The strings of the cello tuned in perfect fifths each have a characteristic of their own:
- C String: The lowest string is weighty, dark and powerful giving a full bodied bass tone
- G String: Not quite as powerful as the bottom string and is suited to softer tonal effects
- D String: Producing a warm, silky tone this is the most musical and soulful of the 4 strings
- A String: The highest string has a bright, singing tone that can reach up into the tenor range
- Body: Spruce
- Top: Spruce
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Tailpiece: Alluminium Alloy
- Bow: Horesehair / Rosewood
- Bridge: Maple
- Padded case
- Rosin included
|Number of Strings||4|
|Dimensions||L 124.0 x W 44.5 x D 22.5 cm|
Additional day(s) transit may be required for remote areas.
Public and Regional holidays may affect delivery lead times.
Delivery times may vary in the event of adverse weather conditions.
Please note that we are unable to ship to the Channel Islands, Post Office boxes and BFPO.
Further postcode delivery restrictions might apply to this item.
Please pack your parcel up securely, preferably using its original packaging, but removing the delivery label.
If your order was delivered "Kerb side", it will need to be available for kerb side pick up.
We regret that we cannot accept and process online purchase returns at any Costco Warehouses.