New products are always welcome. In the interest of your time, and the time of our buyers, we recommend that you review the following buying specification worksheet:
High-quality merchandise guaranteed by our suppliers to maintain Costco's reputation and member satisfaction.
National brands where feasible.
Where national brands do not reflect optimum quality and value, private label will be considered.
Private-label merchandise specification will meet or exceed the leading national brands.
Item presentation should always represent lowest possible acquisition price.
Item presentations should include a breakdown of all built-in costs, demos, spoils, advertising and marketing volume, rebates, and opening deals.
A complete freight evaluation of all methods of product distribution should be included in each presentation:
- FOB manufacturing plant / distribution centre.
- Delivered to our customers.
- Our preferred method of payment is electronic funds transfer (EFT).
- Packaging is to be environmentally friendly, and must comply with E.U. and UK packaging regulations.
- Wholesale items carried on an ongoing basis where our wholesale members are relying on Costco to supply their daily business needs.
- Treasure hunt items – items that may appear on a one-time basis or in selected warehouses. These items represent high-value, high-image categories.
- Seasonal items – items carried during a particular time of the year.
Costco's policy expressly prohibits the acceptance by any Costco employee of any gratuity from a vendor with whom we are currently doing business or whom we are considering for future business.
We expect all vendors to consistently and voluntarily quote the lowest possible acquisition price available on all items. A vendor who does not consistently and voluntarily quote its lowest prices to our buyers will be permanently discontinued as a purchasing source for Costco.
Costco use EDI for sending our purchase orders and receiving vendor's purchase invoices, if you would like to exchange documents with Costco via EDI, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in obtaining further information please contact us at the address listed below or phone 01923 213113
. Costco Online UK Ltd.
UK Home Office
We have implemented a global confidential ethics hotline as part of our continuing efforts to assure compliance with our Code of Ethics, our Vendor Code of Conduct, and other legal and ethical policies. Confidential Ethics Hotline
To find out more or become a vendor, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1923 213113
Fax: +44 (0)1923 257176
Post: Costco Online UK Ltd.
UK Home Office